3D Fiberglass Fabric is a newly developed fiberglass braided fabric, consisting of two bi-directional woven fabrics knitted together by verticall braided pillars. Two S-shaped yarns combined form a pillar, which is 8-shaped in the warp direction and 1-shaped in the weft direction.
3D Fiberglass Fabric can be made of glass fiber, carbon fiber or basalt fiber. Hybrid fabrics also can be produced. The thickness of 3D Fiberglass Fabric ranges from 3.4 mm to 22.6 mm and the width of it measures no more than 3000 mm. Processed with resin, 3D Fiberglass Fabric gains an outstanding capability of anti-debonding, impact resistant, lightweight and high strength, thermal insulating and acoustic damping. 3D Fiberglass Fabric is often the first choice for many enterprises to manufacture framework members of automobile, locomotives, aerospace, ship, sports, wind generator, construction, decoration, ect
- Lightweight: 3D Fiberglass Fabric resined weights lighter by 30% to 60% than that of chopped strand mat and glass roving fabrics of the same thickness.
- High strength: with a hollow structure, resined 3D Fiberglass Fabric possesses higher strength than conventional framework materials do. And the core layer will not slip even impacted severely.
- Corrosion resistant: because of the chemical stability of fiberglass, 3D Fiberglass Fabric has a remarkable capability of corrosion resistant.
- Condensable: 3D Fiberglass Fabric, owing to its hollow structure,can be resined for the demanded thickness (not more than its original thickness) by rolling resin onto both the underside and surface side accordingly.
- Detectable: detectors can be installed in the hollow space of the core layer to evaluate the conditions around.
- Outstanding permeability: due to the optimal design of 8-shaped middle pillars, the permeability of 3D Fiberglass Fabric is far better than that of other fabrics and the flaws can be inspected by evaluating its light penetration homogeneity.
- Easy Manufacturing: Resining, the key procedure before practical use of this product, only requires easy manual work.
After being resined, 3D Fiberglass Fabric has a superior property both mechanically and chemically. Due to the advantages of lightweight, high mechanical strength, corrosion resistant and special interstitial structure, resined 3D Fiberglass Fabric is often used as framework components in various industries over the world.
3D Fiberglass Fabric resined is lightweight and mechanically strong, so it is often used as the framework components of wind driven generator canopy, air guide sleeve, wind turbine blade and brace shell.
Due to the excellent performance in corrosion resistance and mechanical strength, 3D Fiberglass Fabric resined comes to replace old-fashioned sheet materials like steel in storage tank manufacture. In addition, detectors can be installed into the hollow space of 3D Fiberglass Fabric to monitor the conditions inside the tank. 3D Fiberglass Fabric is often manufactured into the wall, cover and shell of double-wall tank, chemical storage tank, sewage tank and other tanks.
3D Fiberglass Fabric products are also applied in ship industry working as framework material for ship, like ship capsule, deck, internal decorating panel, door, furniture, separating wall and bulkhead.
3D Fiberglass Fabric resined is much lighter than other traditional sheet materials. Made off inorganic nonmetallic materials, 3D Fiberglass Fabric is also much more corrosion resistant than ordinary metal materials. So it is widely applied in aviation, spaceflight, train, rail transit and vehicle manufacturing.
3D Fiberglass Fabric is also popular in architectural decoration industry, applied in the manufacturing of curtain wall, poster board, industrial building roof (daylighting), mobile house, telephone booth and fundamental materials.